Dr. Derek Maul brings passion for wellness and an array of experience to Charlotte Sports Performance and Rehab. Throughout his career, he has treated a wide variety of patients including all levels of athletes, as well as injuries sustained from automobile accidents. Dr. Maul joined the Charlotte Sports Performance team in 2017 and has a keen ability to connect with his patients to bring the highest level of individualized care.
Dr. Maul attended Indiana University for his pre-medical studies before earning his Doctorate of Chiropractic degree from Logan College in Chesterfield, MO. Since earning his degree, Dr. Maul has expanded his knowledge into acupuncture, dry needling, rehab and several myofascial techniques. He enjoys learning and regularly continues to expand his education.
Dr. Maul leads an active lifestyle outside of work. He is a three-time half ironman triathlon finisher and enjoys swimming, riding his bike and running around Charlotte. Dr. Maul also dabbles in yoga, enjoys strength training and spends his free time with his wife, Kim, his son, TJ, and his two rescue dogs, Justice and Foster.
- Doctor of Chiropractic – Logan College of Chiropractic, Chesterfield, MO
- Bachelor of Science in Biology – Logan College of Chiropractic
- Pre-medical studies – Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- Medical Acupuncture
- Dry Needling, Certified Myofascial Trigger Point Therapist, CMTPT
- Stu McGill – Rehab to Performance
- Graston Technique
- Myofascial Release